ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As an SDR at Gravitational, you will drive sales by identifying, engaging and qualifying leads that are looking to solve infrastructure and security challenges. You will prospect for leads and qualify them via email, phone, website chat, and events. We need someone with creative ideas around how to turbocharge our sales pipeline and take our business to the next level.
Top-performers will be promoted to an account executive role within 6-9 months.
WE NEED SOMEONE WHO:
- Is a self-starter with a track record of success in their professional or personal life.
- Is committed to learning and geeking out on topics ranging from open-source software to behavioral psychology.
- Has a technical background or the desire to become more technical. You will be selling infrastructure solutions to Engineering and Security teams, so you need to be on their level.
- Has some experience in sales development, ideally at an enterprise software startup.
- Is ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. We are looking for people that are ready to hustle, work with sales reps and the founders to develop lead sources and learn to sell our products.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU:
- Learn and explain technical products and concepts.
- Do cold outreach to new prospects.
- Investigate customer problems and challenges and identify leads that should go to Account Executives.
- Experiment with different sales channels and be able to leverage the most effective ones.
- Establish best practices and efficient processes. Work closely with Account Executives to refine call and messaging strategies.
- Identify trends from prospective customers to share with the product, marketing, and customer success teams.
- Track all sales activity in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of sales qualified leads.
What will a typical day look like in this role?
- Contributing to go-to-market activities, including marketing collateral, product positioning, customer interviews, sales cycle optimizations, traveling to conferences, brand evangelism, attending meetups, etc. when needed
- Cold outreach to new prospects.
- Investigating challenges faced by technology companies that can benefit from our solutions and identifying leads that should go to Account Executives.
- Experimenting with different sales channels and be able to leverage the most effective ones.
- Establishing best practices and efficient processes.
- Identifying trends from prospective customers to share with the product, marketing, and customer success teams.
- Tracking all sales activity in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Traveling to events and conferences as needed.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to break-down complex ideas into easy to understand concepts.
- Maniacal focus.
Nice to have skills:
- Familiarity with any programming languages.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity and infrastructure software.
- Undergraduate degree in psychology.
We are a well-funded company headquartered in Oakland. The founders are experienced entrepreneurs that founded Mailgun (acquired in 2012) and ran product lines at public companies. We have built a world-class engineering team and offering and are ready to build on the sales momentum started by the founding team.
We also value our friends, families, and hobbies outside of work. Our past experiences building companies and mass-scale products taught us about the importance of life and work balance. It matters, even more, when you are building a lasting business, like Gravitational.
This position will be at our headquarters in Oakland (Jack London Square). Our office has great views of the marina, a gym, pool, free parking and is a close walk from the Lake Merritt BART station.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including equity grant, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, commuter benefits and a stocked kitchen.
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.