Gravitational builds software that helps hypergrowth companies like Splunk, Sumo Logic and Snowflake Computing move faster without breaking things. We operate at the intersection of the two fastest-growing areas in technology: Infrastructure Software and Cybersecurity.
Within our sales pipeline and current customer base, you’ll find high-growth SaaS companies, Multinational companies like Samsung and rapidly growing Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence startups. We also work with some of the most tech-forward companies in finance including NASDAQ and Cryptocurrency unicorns like ChainAlysis.
Our total addressable market is large and quickly expanding - any company that manages and operates server fleets, applications across cloud providers or deploys to internal data centers (i.e., almost all successful companies).
As a Sales Engineer at Gravitational, you will help the sales team drive revenue growth by evangelizing our technology via demos and technical discussions. You will get to collaborate with infrastructure engineering and security teams at the most sophisticated technology companies in the world. Most importantly, you will help these companies solve problems and get exposed to the latest ideas in technology.
We are looking for a customer-facing Sales Engineer who has experience working with open source technology and familiarity with traditional infrastructure networking and security and modern cloud-native technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
We need someone who:
- Is ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. We are looking for people that are energized by technology and will work closely work with our sales reps and founders to solve business challenges.
- Has a high technical aptitude and confidence in interacting with Ops, SRE / DevOps, and security professionals. Our champions are Engineering, IT and InfoSec professionals, so you need to be on their level.
- Is a self-starter with a track record of success in their professional or personal life.
- Demonstrates a high level of empathy, resilience, and humility.
- Doesn’t mind helping across various go-to-market activities, including marketing collateral, product positioning, customer interviews, sales cycle optimizations, traveling to conferences, brand evangelism, attending meetups, etc.
- Support Account Executives in helping customers understand the value of Gravitational and our products.
- Understand and help establish customer requirements and grow trusted client relationships throughout the entire sales lifecycle, from initial product reviews to production.
- Support Proof of Concepts and Trials throughout the entire evaluation process.
- Prioritize customer needs and coordinate with support, product, and engineering teams to help support customer needs.
Some travel may be required. This can include attending conferences and accompanying sales reps for customer visits.
- 5+ years software engineer and/or sales engineer management experience at SAAS, Open Source or Enterprise Software company.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing trends and open source business models.
- Strong listening and storytelling skills.
- The ability to lead discussions with Infrastructure and InfoSec Engineers.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with the Zero Trust Security Model.