ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are rapidly growing and looking to hire a sales veteran with a track record of closing six and seven-figure deals to run strategic accounts for us. Strategic AE's will execute on regional plans, including the identification of core customers and mapping the benefits of Gravitational's solutions to solve customers' challenges and ensure customers' success. This candidate must have the ability to navigate large, complex deals involving several stakeholders across engineering and infosec without coming across as "Salesy." We're looking for people who want to build something from the ground up and aren't afraid of an entrepreneurial setting.
The Strategic Account Executive will play a critical role in our growth plan and will be the primary point of contact with our largest customers.
WE NEED SOMEONE WHO WILL:
- Communicate effectively with both engineering and infosec teams as well as executives.
- Understand the nuances of selling open source technology.
- Help us foster our open source community and grow our commercial offering.
- Identify champions at your key accounts and help them make the business case for our products to their executive sponsors.
- Mentor our Sales Development Reps and collaborate with them in order to break into your target accounts.
- Ensure prospects feel positive about their interactions with you regardless of if they decide to purchase our enterprise solutions.
- Provide structured customer feedback to our product and engineering teams so we can continue to elevate our offerings.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU:
- 7+ years of successful enterprise software sales.
- Develop a territory plan and relentlessly execute against it in order to exceed your quota.
- Humility, curiosity, resilience, positivity.
- Ability to travel for on-site customer visits and conferences as required.
- You enjoy the process just as much as the end results.
We are a well-funded company headquartered in Oakland. The founders are experienced entrepreneurs that founded Mailgun (acquired in 2012) and ran product lines at public companies. We have built a world-class engineering team and offering and are ready to build on the sales momentum started by the founding team. We also value our friends, families, and hobbies outside of work. Our past experiences building companies and mass-scale products taught us about the importance of life and work balance. It matters, even more, when you are building a lasting business, like Gravitational.