ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an experienced sales professional, ideally with experience in selling to engineering and information security teams. This candidate must have the ability to sell into hypergrowth, mid-sized, software companies without coming across as "Salesy." We're looking for people who want to build something from the ground up and aren't afraid of an entrepreneurial setting.
The Account Executive will play a critical role in our growth plan and will be the primary point of contact with our prospects and customers.
WE NEED SOMEONE WHO WILL:
- Help engineering and security teams solve their challenges with our solutions.
- Develop a territory plan and relentlessly execute against it in order to exceed your quota.
- Identify champions at your key accounts and help them make the business case for our products to their executive sponsors.
- Mentor our Sales Development Reps and collaborate with them in order to break into your target accounts.
- Ensure prospects feel positive about their interactions with you regardless of if they decide to purchase our enterprise solutions.
- Provide structured customer feedback to our product and engineering teams so we can continue to elevate our offerings.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU:
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with Gravitational.
- 2-5 years of experience in selling enterprise software; experience with open source, cybersecurity and/or infrastructure software a big plus.
- The ability to collaborate with marketing and sales development reps to generate an adequate pipeline.
- Humility, curiosity, resilience, positivity.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, and closing skills. A sense of urgency to get things done and make everyone around you better.
- Ability to travel for on-site customer visits and conferences as required.
We are a well-funded company headquartered in Oakland. The founders are experienced entrepreneurs that founded Mailgun (acquired in 2012) and ran product lines at public companies. We have built a world-class engineering team and offering and are ready to build on the sales momentum started by the founding team.
We also value our friends, families, and hobbies outside of work. Our past experiences building companies and mass-scale products taught us about the importance of life and work balance. It matters, even more, when you are building a lasting business, like Gravitational.
This position will be at our headquarters in Oakland (Jack London Square). Our office has great views of the marina, a gym, pool, free parking and is a close walk from the Lake Merritt BART station.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including equity grant, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, commuter benefits, and a stocked kitchen.